Tutorial 07


I have finished my last round of Unity tutorials. While I did find them interesting, I know that game development is not for me, as I cannot remember what any of the code I wrote in my scripts do.

In these tutorials, we were taught about audio and preparing a build for publishing. I thought the audio was interesting, but we weren't taught how to get some of it working, like the footsteps for the player character, or the sounds for hitting the robots with the cogs. The build part, I kind of breezed through, as my build was no where near good enough for publishing.

My only problem with these tutorials is we weren't taught how to make the character have a finite about of cogs, players could just throw cogs infinitely which gets away some of the challenge for a game like this. I would have appreciated a tutorial on how to create a set amount of ammo and collecting ammo.
I also couldn't fix some problems I've been having, like the robot's animations not working or, making the robot able to damage the player character.
Another big problem is that we weren't taught on how to create a goal objective to work towards, so what I have is basically a sandbox game that you can play until you get bored.

Overall, I did find the tutorials interesting, but I didn't feel like I learnt anything I didn't already kind of know from Unity. I'm at least glad this experience with Unity was much better than my experience a couple years ago. I'll see you next time

Bye

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Design

Reading 07