Tutorial 02

 I've finished my second round of Unity tutorials and they are simple enough




I had no real problems with this one, I'm glad we were able to add colliders to things that the character shouldn't be walking over, like the water. The tutorials did suggest adding more decorations to the environment besides boxes, but I was too lazy to reread the tutorial for adding the collisions and adding the prefabs and all that. 
The only problem I did come across was when I was editing the script so the character would collide with the boxes properly and didn't stutter while running into them, I edited the script in a way that I couldn't move the character any more. Both my script and the script that the tutorial had looked identical, but when I decided to copy the whole script on the tutorial and paste it into my script, suddenly the character could move again. I don't know what was the problem, but it doesn't matter anymore.
One thing I am hoping for is being able to create new environments to explore and being able to connect them. That would be really interesting, but I understand that the basics need to be done first.

Anyway that's all I have to say for now, I am not having much trouble with these tutorials at all, and I don't know what people are saying when they don't understand it, but what can I do. That's it from me and I'll see you next time

Bye


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Design

Reading 07