Planning

 So I have begun my research planning.

This is not an easy thing for me because I don't like researching. I prefer to use my own knowledge and get knowledge from primary sources. I do not like doing secondary research, as my attention span would not last long enough.

I am torn on what topic I'd like to chose for the book. I know a lot about why humans play games based on my own knowledge and listening to other people, but I am also interested in how game narrative has changed over the years.

Researching is probably my weakest point. I prefer to just get going with things and look into things I'm not as familiar with as I go along. My biggest problem with developing skills like this is complicated. I'm a fast learner, but when something has a learning curve, it is so much more difficult for me to get over it.

Another problem with researching is that I don't know where to find information for what I'm looking for, except for Wikipedia, which is my go to, if I want to look up something. I know that Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information, so everything I read on it, I take with a grain of salt.

The only other problem I have left is that if I don't know exactly what I'm doing, my stress levels go through the roof, and when I get too stressed, I feel overwhelmed and stop working altogether. I did have trouble understanding what was required from me for this week's reading task, but I hope I did alright.

Anyway that's it for now, I hope I can get by even with my lack of researching skills and lack of knowing a good information source. See you next time


Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Design

Reading 07