Unity Tutorial 01



So from the title of this post, you know that I have finally started the Unity tutorials. I got filled with the determination I needed to get through this after hearing encouraging words from people.


I dusted off my old Unity account and installed it to my computer. Following the tutorials I found them very time consuming for some simple tasks. Also because I am kind of familiar with the Unity interface already I wasn't a fan of listening to the explanation about it and I just wanted to jump right in. But I hope future tutorials pick up the pace. They are videos after all, people can just pause and rewind if they get lost.

When I did use Unity all those years ago I tried to make a 2D game, but these tutorials were for a 3D game. Though they are different, I got the hang of it very quickly. One thing that struck me was actually writing code. Back when I did use Unity I have no memory about actually writing code, so this is already going better than my last experience.

After completing the first 3 tutorials, I have hope that I could actually do this. My only worry is that this, like any skill to be honest, will be hard to remember if I'm not doing it regularly. I know that we are working on creating a game for this module, but I have a big problem of wanting to create something that is way over my skill set. Hopefully by the end of this I will have a more simple idea.

Anyway that's it for now, I hope it's encouraging to now that I finally got around to doing this, even though I am behind, I am a super fast worker when I get into the right mindset and workflow. I'll see you next time


Bye




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Design

Reading 07