Game Design

 What is a game? 

Not an easy question to answer.  Games come in all different shapes, sizes, genres, etc. Games, from what I know are a means of entertainment. They are for everyone of all ages. There are some games that are targeted towards a certain group of people more than others, but in reality anyone can play any game they want to. Even though some people try to act like they can't.


Making a game is not an easy task, especially video games, and it usually requires a team of people. A lot of people who try to make video games give up when they realise how much more work needs to be put into it than they thought. I know how difficult making a video game is so I'm not even going to try. I remember I tried to make a game, but I was put in a situation where no-one was showing me what to do, I didn't get the help I needed and it has ruined the chance of me trying to make a game ever again. I am okay looking through game files to look at different things such as texture files, but I don't ever see myself trying making a game again because of my bad experience, it really damaged my mental health, especially since it felt like nobody was even trying to help me and left me completely on my own and I cannot self-teach myself things like this. To make matters worst, my younger siblings, who where in the same program, but took a different course, learned a lot in their course while I learned nothing. I cannot look at making a video game without getting extremely depressed.


I have absolutely no problems coming up with ideas for games, but I would need someone else to make them for me. I don't need to do any methods to generating ideas, as I already have a lot of them. I always imagine that they would be like in my head, but I know that they will never happen as I will never try to make a video game ever again. I do think that a board game would be closer to my skill level, but that would require materials that I don't have the means to buy.


Anyway, I think I'll cut this short, as the thought of making a video game myself still just upsets me. There is nothing that can be done about that as the damage was done and I will never recover from it. Apologies if this got depressing, but I'm not going to sit here and lie about these things. So I'll see you next time


Bye

Comments

  1. Hi Chris.

    I completely empathise with the worries you have making a game. Ive been in your shoes before when it comes to bad experiences. Making a game isnt an easy task. Coming up with an idea for a game isnt really easy either. But dont overthink it. Just aim for a game that works, it doesnt have to look perfect, were not professionals yet. Try looking up a few tutorials on how to make games on unity. Unity can be hard at first, but take time with it. Dont be afraid to make mistakes. Im in a similar position as you, but we will all get through it. Only aim for something simple, its only our first year doing this.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris,

    Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience making a game before. When we don't get the help we want it makes it so difficult. I even found that out this time making a game. Looking at tutorials but not being able to find the right ones was so frustrating. Just wondering did you ever end up making a game for this module. This post was made a few weeks ago and I wonder did you have a change of mind? Hopefully if you did this time will be a bit of a better experience for you

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Reading 07