Tutorial 05

 


I have completed my next round of Unity Tutorials. These were not the most interesting, not going to lie. The first one was all about making the camera follow the player character, which is important, but it's not exciting.

The next tutorial was about particles. Particles are important, but they are really complicated to get right. I followed the tutorial to get the smoke particles for the robot, but based on some text in the tutorial, it implies I should have the player character able to throw projectiles, which is something I haven't done. I don't know what happened there. Also after doing the smoke, the tutorial said to do other particles yourself such as health particles or damage particles. I tried making an attempt at the damage particles, but quickly got fed up trying to figure this out, because damage particles are so much different than the smoke particles.

I am hoping the next patch of tutorials will not be so boring. I also don't like it when the tutorials don't tell you how to do absolutely everything. I'm not a game developer, I don't remember how to write the scripts I've written in the past by myself.

Anyway that's it for now. I don't like how the tutorials feel like my skills are developing faster than they are, for me, I'm a fast learner, but I struggle ten times more trying to get by a learning curve. I'll see you next time


Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Design

Reading 07