Introduction

 Hi, I'm Chris.


I'm 20 years old and this is an introduction about me, as almost nobody knows anything about me. I'm very reserved, so here I plan on talking a bit about myself.


One of the big things about me is Video games. I previously wrote about a few of my favorite video games. My first console I remember playing was the PlayStation 2 and two of my favorite games on it were The Simpsons: Hit and Run and The Polar Express Video Game. Gaming is such a big part of my life that my current favorite game, Minecraft, gave me my Internet last name from a joke that in Minecraft I attract creepers like a magnet. I am not good with horror games, but I'm trying to get better at it. I do like tycoon style games. One I've tried that I'd like to start playing again was called Prison Architect. I'm pretty flexible with Video Game genres except for a few. For example I do not like endless runner style games. I would rather a goal to race towards rather than try to run for the longest time.


YouTube is another big part of me. I've watched YouTube for years and I want to start a channel myself. I plan on having a lot of variety on my channel. I know YouTube's algorithm won't like it, but what's the point of doing YouTube if your not enjoying it. I am nervous about it as I need to get used to listening to my voice being played back but I hope to get there. I've watched the same main three YouTubers for about seven years at this point. I have started branching out, as I believe its important to watch a variety of different types of people. I have some younger cousins who don't watch any female YouTubers which is not okay and even worst they flat out refuse. I'm not afraid to be abrasive to them about how it's not okay to discriminate female YouTubers.


I used to love to do Art, I did Art for my Junior Cert, but I lost confidence and by my Leaving Cert, I dropped it entirely. I would like to get back into it, but I just have no confidence. I would think a good way to start getting back into it would be to decorate or try doing crafts, but I'm not in a position to do that at the moment, since I've got some much going on. I feel like digital art would be a good thing to try, but I am a terrible self learner, I'd need someone who has experience with digital art to help me.


One thing that I love doing, but can be a financial burden is collecting. I have a lot of collections. I have a complete collection of every Disney Infinity figure and I plan on collecting all the power discs, once I've thought of a good place to store them without losing them. I have also a complete collection of every Lego Dimensions figure. The good thing about Lego Dimension figures is that they double as figures for the Toys to Life game and actual Lego figures. One collection I've recently completed is collecting every single Thomas and Friends electrical engines that were produced by Hornby, I also plan on completing a collection of the engines by Bachmann too. I am a big collector of Lego and I'd love to collect a bunch of sets from varies Universes, but that's not going to be cheap, so I haven't been able to. I also plan on completing my collection for every Smash Bros. Amiibo, though it is difficult to find them boxed on Amazon and Ebay, as I only want boxed versions that I can unbox myself. Unlike some collectors of figures, I don't keep mine in their boxes. I only keep the boxes if they are reusable. If the box can't be reused to store them after being opened I recycle them if they can be or bin them.


I am a big animal person. I like any type of animals except insects. I've grown up with dogs, guinea pigs and chinchillas. I currently have a pet Bearded Dragon. However I have a problem where I can't touch reptiles, I'm not sure why, but I just can't touch them and if one of them touches my skin I jump away. I don't know why this happens, I'm perfectly fine holding them as long as I have gloves on. I watch a lot of videos on YouTube about reptile and amphibian care taking from a channel called Snake Discovery. I know a lot about reptiles and I find it mildly infuriating when people don't understand them and believe myths about them.


I've talked a lot about my interests now a bit about me personality wise. I am very reserved. I don't like starting conversations and I find it extremely difficult to reach out for help. Partly because I hate to bother people and also because I have a fear that if I do one thing wrong with someone, they will want nothing to do with me from then on. I also feel like I've got the power of empathy. I feel like I can emphasis with just about anyone, no matter who they are or what they believe in. It's not all good as I find that when people are in a fight, I kind of get 'infected' by their anger and I start feeling it too.

When I'm talking to someone and I try to get them to realize if they have some beliefs that may be hurtful, as long as they are respectful to me, but I can't change their views, I'll just end it with 'I don't agree at all'. However if someone is not being respectful to me, I will give them flippant responses and not hold back just how awful of a person they are being.

My sense of humor is very different from others. I find it funny when people scream when they are playing a scary game. I don't know why, but people screaming at video games is really funny to me. My way of trying to be funny is to react to something that's supposed to be funny or cringy with a 'serious, no nonsense' type of attitude, however if there are people with me laughing, they might make me crack up and break character, since most of the time people's reactions are funnier than the thing itself.


That will be it for now, I hope that this gives an insight to what type of person I am and I hope you will be able to understand me better, as I believe understanding is the most important trait someone can have. Anyway I hope you've enjoyed this and I'll see you next time.

Bye

Comments

  1. Hi , Chris, it is a very nice and detailed introduction and I really enjoyed reading it and i think you have very good writing skills and as you love Video Games this course is certainly for you and i hope you enjoy it a lot and i hope you find something for yourself in this course, you can not like everything as for me it is mostly coding, for other people it is filming . So Chris I wish you all the best and hope to see your works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris.

    I loved your introduction. I feel like we have a lot of things in common. I also did art in the junior cert and leaving cert and I loved it. I didn't get the best grades but I found the subject relaxing. Especially when my time management improved by sixth year. I really want to start a YouTube channel too and do vlogs but I've also been too nervous and am curious on the algorithm. Also, I love jump scare videos and find the reactions hilarious. My sense of humor is really dark... I'm sure you've seen me laughing at random stuff in class. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading the introduction.

    Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,

    Your introduction was so interesting. Loads of really good information about you. Well done for sticking up for the female Youtubers! Such a silly thing that your cousins are against them for no valid reason. I love watching people being scared to makes me laugh all the time. The collections you have sound impressive you should put a photo of them up. I'd love to see how many there are. See you around college!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Chris, very good detailed intro into a bit about yourself and always great to learn a bit more about you. Never give up on your passions (Art) always be good as a hobby to keep. And love that you have a bearded Dragon too and the mass Disney figure collection is impressive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,
    This was really interesting to read. I am glad you went into depth and now we have learnt a lot about you. I find it great that you love animals. Dogs are my fave, i dont like rodents.
    I did play this scary ancient Egyptian mummy game when i was younger called KUFU and that was really scary You would probably find it funny if you saw anyone playing it hahahah.
    Your collections sound very impressive keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Design

Reading 07